The NOAA Civil Rights Office
Welcome to the NOAA Civil Rights Office
The NOAA Civil Rights Office provides overall leadership, planning, coordination, integration and execution of NOAA’s Equal Employment Opportunity and Civil Rights Programs. The Office is tasked to:
- Develop, direct, and coordinate agency programs, policies, and activities to ensure the accomplishment of EEO and civil rights responsibilities.
- Develop policies, guifidelines, and procedures for implementing and monitoring the requirements of applicable civil rights, diversity, and equal employment statues, regulations, Executive Orders and management directives.
- Develop Management Directive 715 analyses (workforce and barriers) and reports.
- Process and adjudicate complaints of discrimination. Click here for information on filing a complaint
- Maintain liaison with minority groups and women's organizations within and outside of the Agency.
- Administer the efforts in supporting and exploring activities that promote, recognize, and value diversity in the workforce.